CANTON "CAJO" JONES
CANTON "CAJO" JONES
CANTON “CAJO” JONES is a singer, rapper, songwriter, producer, vocal arranger, pastor, and entrepreneur, as well as a dedicated husband and father of 4. (Ramona – wife, Love – daughter, Dominion – son, Canaan – son, Justice – son). Canton and his wife Ramona are Pastors of Free Life Church in Jonesboro, GA. The mission for this ministry is to lead people into the presence of God so that whatever they hear Him say to do, they will do it.
Canton Jones is President of Cajo Records in Atlanta, GA. His goal is to release music that will inspire people from all walks of life. As label owners, Canton and Ramona also want to teach other aspiring musical artists and business owners how to operate in the Kingdom of God.
Canton Jones is a Deerfield Beach, Florida native. Since beginning his career and ministry, Canton Jones has numerous projects to his credit including the latest entitled "I Am Justice" released in early 2016. Canton Jones has featured on projects with several notable musical artists. He has performed on stage with Patti LaBelle, Stevie Wonder, and Ray Charles.
Throughout 2016, Canton Jones has been touring on the McDonald’s gospel tour, which focuses on raising money for families with various health issues. The tour donates proceeds to the Ronald McDonald House, which allows children to receive treatment free of charge. The tour included Marvin Sapp, Karen Clark Sheard, Charles Jenkins, and Donald Lawrence. Canton Jones appeared on Dr. Oz Talk Show speaking about how ministry and music can aid in someone's emotional and spiritual health.
Canton and Ramona Jones were cast members on the Preachers of Atlanta reality show, which brought awareness to fatherlessness, the relationship between police and African American men, and the place and role of Hip Hop in church culture.
Canton Jones has done charitable services, received many awards and accolades, which include:
• Morehouse College graduate
• 2012 Grammy nominee
• Stellar Award nominations
• 3 Gospel Choice Awards
• A trailblazer in Media & Entertainment Award
• Received Resolution from Georgia State Senate
• Partnerships with McDonald’s The Gift Tour, Chick Fil A, Trumpet Awards, Gospel Music Channel, Walmart, Hosea Feed the Hungry
• Received keys to the city of Carrollton, GA
• Serves Georgia school systems through Fellowship of Christian Athletes by speaking and ministering in
• Performed for students grades Kindergarten-12.
• Serves troubled youth by speaking and ministering in song to juvenile centers and at-risk high schools
• Dove Award
• Bicycle giveaway
• Turkey giveaway
• Back to School book bag giveaway
• Served as Praise and Worship Leader for years at World Changers Church, Dogwood Church, Trinity
• Chapel Church, and New Hope Church
• Served as a voice for Atlanta at Radio One/ Praise 102.5
With all of that being said, the most important mission for Canton and Ramona Jones is too clearly and adequately relay the message behind the music - the uninhibited Word of God. Canton and Ramona Jones are well-equipped to communicate musically and through the Word of God to this generation in a way that will incorporate God’s Word into their own lives. Canton ministers with conviction and transparency, which has proven to be effective within any platform.